Q:    What can I do if I think my assessment is unfair?

A:    If your property is outside Cook County, you can file a complaint with that County’s Board of Review. If you are dissatisfied with the decision of the board of review, you may appeal to the State Property Tax Appeal Board or pay under protest and take your complaint to the courts. However, court proceedings are generally more restrictive. A favorable court ruling is unlikely unless you have exhausted the administrative appeal process

Note: If you think your assessment is unfair it is important to file a complaint before you receive your bill. The "notice of assessment change" will explain the time period for filing a complaint.

  Home  | FOIA | Disclaimer | © 2016 Adams County